Sunday, September 13, 2015

Introduction

Hi there!

My name is Piero and I'm a fourth year commerce student. I was born in Peru but moved to Vancouver at the age of 9. This is the third course I have ever taken outside of commerce and I'm really excited.  I certainly don't feel that I know much about the place that I was born in or its culture and this class seems like the perfect first step; it already got me thinking about what Latin America really is! I am hoping the course covers parts of Peru's history but I'm also very interested of the history of Latin America as a whole. I am looking forward to all the future discussions and learning about the beauty of Latin America.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Piero,
    I think is very cool you decided to take other courses outside your discipline, commerce, and see what LAST 100 has to offer. I think you won't be disappointed. I think it will give you a good inside into what Latin America means at the moment, and at the same time, it will give you some historical background of 'our' past.
    Peru is a fascinating country! Not only for its beauty but also because of its history and peoples. I like Juan Poma de Ayala because as him, I find myself seeing Latn America from a 'dual perspective'; a mestizo taking about his culture from outside his country. Btw, I'm Colombian, so I knew a couple of things about Peru.

    ReplyDelete